Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sam Adams: Rebel Grapfruit IPA | Fruit Beer | Beer Review




I'm not going to reiterate my overall opinion (for which I have already written about in an accompanying editorial about Fruit-Enhanced Beers).  You can read that for yourself by clicking on the link HERE.

Today, I'm reviewing Sam Adams: Rebel Grapefruit IPA.  And once again, I am presented with "Beer-flavored Fruit Juice".  I think this one is actually worse than the New Belgium Citradelic.  The grapefruit flavor is much stronger. And even worse is that the bitterness in the beer is not a hop bitterness, but an overwhelming rind bitterness. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, peel a grapefruit and chew on the rind.  And… there you go.






Beer Name: Sam Adams Rebel Grapfruit IPA
RATING: 'D-'

STYLE: Grapefruit IPA
ABV: 6.3%
IBU: 52
Calories: 197

Bottle Code- Best by date - Printed on the bottom of the can

No comments:

Post a Comment