I've been holding on to this beer for quite a while. Probably a bit to long. According to the bottle, this was best before July 16th 2012. I figured that instead of reviewing this on camera and give it an unfair review, due to age, that I would just give it a mini review on my blog.
Bottle Code: Easy to read. "Best Before" date on the lower neck of the bottle. 07/16/12
The Pour:There was very little head which dissipated quickly.
- The beer is a light orange.
- The first thing I noticed was that there are a lot of floating chunks. Very unappetizing.
- According to the bottle neck, it is bottle conditioned. However, I've seen bottle conditioned beers before but the sediment in this beer is over the top. It's pretty gross. But, until I try a fresh bottle, I'll attribute this over-sediment to the age of this bottle.
- Strong Hoppy Citrusy aroma with light malt aroma.
- Medium bitterness.
- Very creamy mouthfeel.
- The chunks are not actually chunky. So you don't feel a mouth full of pulp.
- Citrus didn't really come through strongly. It was there but that's about all. Most of the hop character was in the bitterness.
Tasty beer. But it's just difficult to get past the chunks. Very unappealing.
The beer tastes good but I've certainly tasted better.